Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Thing #1 Lifelong Learning Strategies

 After watching the podcast of 7 1/2 Habits of Effective Lifelong Learners, the most challenging habit for me is is using technology to my advantage.  I feel as though I'm so busy trying to keep up with the new technology I get lost learning one and then, poof, it's a dinosaur.  This digital age causes change too quickly for me sometimes.  Instead of being able to use it to my advantage I drown in learning how to use it.  
The easiest habit for me is to teach/mentor others.  I get so excited when I run across anything new that could help teach and motivate I tend to have overkill.  I annoy others with my excitement.  I think I was a teacher in my past life too.  I can see what could be, the potential in others.
The most important habit for me is to view problems as challenges.  When I have this attitude my mind is open to any possibility and the creative side of me comes out.  Taking time to ponder the problem, try solutions, fail, try again and then seek help as a last resort is part of who I am.  

2 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard Pam. I look forward to following your 23 Things experience through your blog. I have always loved technology, but for me also, using it to its full potential has always been my challenge. Just remember to have FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel as you do that technology is changing so fast it is hard to keep up. By the time I have a handle on a certain camera or technology, a new model or program comes out. Change forces us to learn.

    ReplyDelete