Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thing #15 Social Bookmarking and Tagging with Delicious

Delicious.com is a wonderful way to include all of my bookmarks in one place and online via any internet connection.  What a wonderful tool.  I can display all of my bookmarks or type in a word I've tagged them as and get back to the ones under the category I really want.  The key here is to think carefully about your tags so that you can retrieve your bookmarks.  The notes make it nice to see what types of things you can do with your bookmarked URL's.


I have to admit I became very frustrated with this activity. While trying number three (3) under Help:Steps for Tagging Sites in Delicious (3.While viewing the site, click the TAG button on your browser toolbar)  I couldn't get it to work.  I never could find the tagging button.  I felt stupid and looked at other blog posts on this topic.  I never saw where anyone had trouble so this is something I am going to have to go back and revisit and reteach myself.  After wasting about 4 hours total on this activity I've decided to move on so I can complete the 23Things.  I'll return to #15 after I finish the class.  In fact, there are many "things" I want to revisit and learn more about as I complete the class.  But, that's another blog for later.    I couldn't figure out how to use the POWER TIP either.  I want to go back to that as well.


I tried to add the shared tag to MISD 23Things but never saw that it worked in the WIki either.  I'm confused and I'll look back at this as well.  I did see where others had the same issue in their blogs.  


I found myself using my Delicious account at work posting new bookmarklets as I was sent and found new useful websites for teachers.  I shared Delicious with several colleagues and they thought it was AWESOME!  I can't wait to share it with more of my teachers.  My son and husband have begun to use it as well.  My son is in the Business School at UT and used it for two of his presentations.  I was proud to teach him about something on the internet that was so useful to him.



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to teach your son something he could use also. I find that my twelve year old is the one who is usually showing me new technologies. They amaze me at what they know.

    ReplyDelete