Sunday, October 31, 2010

Thing #7a and 7b

I follow several blogs but one in particular that always interests me is Ewan McIntosh's Digital Media and Education.  He posted one blog, Using Facebook In the Classroom that gives information about how educators can allow students to utilize this application safely.   


I also follow the blog of an Associate Professor in the Educational Administration program at Iowa State University.  Scott McLeod's blog, Dangerously Irrelevant always challenges my thinking.  In his latest post, Caring, Engaging, Leading and Learning he makes a statement that hits the nail on the head.  He says, "The teacher, and his/her ability to promote student learning and achievement, is the single most important factor that will influence a child’s success in the classroom and beyond."  I could not have said this better if I tried.  It is our duty as instructional leaders to hire professionals who are enthusiastic about teaching and provide opportunities that will empower our teachers to ignite fires in the classroom.  


I follow the Texas Association of School Administrators job blog site.  I find it interesting to see what is out there in our state and how they pay if they have pay scales.  The job descriptions are interesting to read.  Not all districts have the same expectations of their particular types of positions.  I was hoping this might help me find an Assistant Principal position but I found the listings to be all over the board.  Perhaps in the spring more postings will be closer to the jobs I want to pursue.  In the meantime reading them is educational and informative.  


I am anxious to have the time to look for and find more blogs, as well as, expand on mine outside the education world.  I want to find some that are just fun and funny to read.

2 comments:

  1. FYI, my blog is Dangerously Irrelevant. Eric's is ericsheninger.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, I apologize for the incorrect reference. I have corrected this in my blog. Thank you for letting me know. I'll be more careful in my next references.

    I enjoy reading your blogs. I look forward to reading many more.

    ReplyDelete