Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thing #14 More Web 2.0 Tools

After looking at most of the cool websites my favorites were 30 boxes, blabberize yourself, mixbook, and letterpop.

I did begin a calendar for myself in 30 boxes.  I found it very easy to use and share.  I don't think anyone besides me can edit my calendar but whoever I share it with can view it.  Blabberize yourself was fun.  I created a couple of photos with the audio and had a blast.  I think our kids could use this to teach one another concepts from class.  I'm going to suggest a few of my teachers allow students to play with this and experiment as they review concepts before a test.  These are easy to download to social networks and share as well.  

Mixbook is awesome.  I intend to create some Christmas gifts at this site.  Teachers could use this to have students create books as projects after reading novels.  They would be able to illustrate what they learned about the novel by creating their own depiction of an aspect of the book.

Letterpop will make it simple to create our annual Christmas/New Year's letter to family and friends.  Since it allows the upload and posting of photos there's no need to use anything else.

All of these sites eliminate the need to visit a photo shop or drug store for printing photos, newsletters, business cards, and anything else we can think of.  Visiting these sites makes me want to search for other similar sites to see what is out there for use in creating all kinds of things.

1 comment:

  1. All of the "things" you wrote about sound very interesting! I love the fact that technology has such a creative side. I'm a bit behind on my own 23 Things but I look forward to learning more!

    ReplyDelete