Monday, October 4, 2010

Thing #6 Feeding my Reader/Subscribing to Feeds

(I've been using my Google Reader for a few days now and each day I log on and skim my subscriptions I find it easier to go through them and choose what I want to read more thoroughally.  I enjoy doing the searches for various bloggers and news so I can hone in on what I really want to read and see.  I added a couple of feeds that I deleted two days after I added them.  I found they were of no interest to me after doing a quick skim and it wasted my time.

The educational blogs are the most interesting.  I subscribed to the Texas Association of Middle School Administrators job section since I am seeking an Assistant Principal position. This has allowed me to apply for a couple of positions and its very useful to me.  I'm going to take a look at Region 10 and see if they have a feed as well.

Another feed I look through each day is What's Hot In Google Reader.  While I was reading through the feeds today I found this link about McDonalds chicken nuggets.  You have got to read this, its GROSS!!!!!  I'll never eat another chicken nugget from McDonald's after seeing the photo and reading this article.  I warn you, it will make you sick, especially if you just ate one of those nuggets.

While scrolling through TeacherJays Edublog I found the following link teachers can use.  I am quite impressed with the site. http://www.curriki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/  This site is full of useful ideas and lessons for teachers. Check it out.

I've also subscribed to Flikrs Most Interesting Photos because I love photography and I am hoping this may give me the boost and some insight into taking better photos.  I've had a 35 mm digital camera for over a year now but haven't taken time to practice with it.  We shall see if I can take good pics like I am seeing on Flikr.

This google reader was a headache when I first discovered it because I was overwhelmed  Now I'm discovering how to make it work for me, not against me.  Toodles, time to read more feeds.  ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment